Friday, June 7, 2013

The Amazing "Croods"

Okay, I just can't help it...I must give a quick share about The Croods. I love it when I go into a movie with no (or in this case low) expectations and I come out more than pleasantly surprised. This movie's message is full of heart and is so much fun that my sister and I found ourselves laughing our heinies off on many occasions.

The writers of this movie infused it with wit, charm, heart, and a solid message about families. I liked it so much, I went back and saw it a second time with my children. It is perfect for every member of the family. I will be quoting from this movie for a long time to come.

One of my favorite quotes is when the Croods have to make a long family trip to get to safety on a distant mountain. Along the way they have the same angsts that we all face on long, family road trips. The youngest Crood, a feisty and fearless toddler named Sandy, attacks her older, and much bigger brother, Thunk. Mother Crood, Ugga, intervenes, ripping Sandy off of Thunk's head saying, "If you're not ready to challenge her, don't look her in the eye!"

I know that line is out of context for all of you, but it's hilarious. I highly recommend The Croods. Listen for the great "one liners" and enjoy the message along the way!

P.S. By way of update, I had some amazing suggestions for naming my fictional Boston high school. I am now in the process of trying to decide. I'll let you know when I do. Thx! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Some of the best and enlightening animated movies are the ones meant for us kids - the grownups. Thanks for explaining what it means the next time someone doesn't look me in the eye!

    ReplyDelete