Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Book Trailer Soon to Come...

Sometimes life has a way of dictating what it wants us to do. Right now, for me, life is dictating. I had hoped to have The Scent of Soul ready for the public by mid-October. I am now crossing my fingers that it will debut by the end of October/beginning of November. My ARC showed up with the cover way too dark, forcing us to find a solution. Unfortunately, the simple solution isn't always the way it works out. Also, my husband and I, and our five children, are in the throes of the grand adventure of moving. Ugh! For all of you who have moved (that encompasses a vast majority of you, I'm sure), you understand my groan. And, to add insult to injury, my husband decided to get sick. I know, so sweet of him. Love you, honey.

However, I did want to let you all know that the book trailer for The Scent of a Soul is just about complete and ready for viewers. My sweet friend and author of the Propheticus series, Emma Daley, has kindly taken on the project, and has done a wonderful job. I am very excited for you all to see it! (I promise to have more information on the book trailer in the very near future.)

To end with, though, I would like to share a quote that has touched me. Recently, I went to see the movie, The Words. I enjoyed the movie very much, but before I went, I looked it up on the site pluggedinonline.com for a review. The reviewer, Paul Asay, said something that has stuck with me, even weeks later. He said: "For artists and writers and others who long to create something boundless and lasting, they sometimes feel compelled to sublimate everything--wife, kids, lives--to that art. But The Words tells us there's a beauty and nobility in a life lived simply and sincerely, even if the one who lives it never set the world afire."

I could not have said it better. Until later...

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful quote! I hope you don't mind that I use it. I'm placing if in front of my computer so I keep it in mind as I write. The book cover posted here looks good. Good luck with your book and trailer.

    I now follow your blog.

    ~Alicia~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck with all your current adventures! You will have to let me know when the big moving day is. Do you need any help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blog and cover art for your book ;) Can't wait to see the trailor! My blog is http://paigebleu.blogspot.com if you'd like to pop over and say hello ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi - I am your newest follower via Book Blogs from The Stuff of Success. Feel free to stop by and follow back at http://www.thestuffofsuccess.com. Thanks Athena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! New follower from book blogs! Please visit me and follow back at http://nettesbookshelf.blogspot.com

    I really like the quote and I must write that down!! And I can't wait to see the trailer for your book =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also following you now through Book Blogs. All the best with The Scent of a Soul. I think the title sounds most intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Trailer is really good! I look forward to reading the book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The title is what got me interested. The trailer is really good teaser. I need to read this book.

    ReplyDelete